yShaders Mod, which is one of the most interesting shaderpack, is designed for Intel HD Integrated Graphics. This compatible mod can suit even with most current-gen Macs! This shaderpack is based on Chocapic13’s Shaders.
This shaderpack, while relatively fast in terms of performance, may or may not work well with your computer hardware. Ideally, you should be able to run Vanilla Minecraft with 100+ FPS to be able to run this shaderpack well. I have a MacBook Pro which sports Intel Iris graphics, and I can comfortably run the High variation of the shaderpack with about 40 FPS, the Ultra edition with about 25 FPS, the Medium edition with about 40 FPS and the Low edition with about 60 FPS (on Short+ Render Distance).
I recommend you run this Shaderpack with Intel Iris graphics or better for good performance.
This shaderpack has also been tested with Intel HD 4000 graphics and a Nvidia GeForce 320M, both of which can run the Low edition at about 40 FPS.
Tips for best looks and performance:
- The shadows are lacking a bit in resolution to keep the performance good. But if the blocky shadows are bothering you, and you think your computer can handle it, you can increase the Shadow Resolution in the shaderpack selection menu. I personally run it at 2.00, which sharpens up the shadows quite a bit, but with a hit to performance. This tip does nothing if you are running the Low or Medium editions.
- If you are on Windows, make sure you have the latest driver for your graphics. Also make sure you have the latest version of Java. Make sure you have the 64 bit version of Java installed.
- Have Optifine Ultra installed while running this mod, as it will improve performance. Editions of Optifine other than Ultra will crash your game.
- Play with your Graphics set to Fancy (or if you have Optifine, you can just set your trees to Fancy under the “Details?” menu). Playing on Fast makes the waving leaves on trees look weird.
- If you have Optifine installed, turn Fog off, as it increases FPS and makes the Shaders mod look better.
- Play with Smooth Lighting set to “Maximum”. This makes the pack look much nicer.
- If you get an average FPS of less than 60, but more than 30, you should set your framerate limit to be 30 FPS. This reduces stuttering, and you should get a smoother experience. If the framerate dips lower than 30 FPS regularly, this will make little difference.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install Optifine HD.
- Download and install GLSL Shaders.
- Open Minecraft and go to “Options”.
- Click on Shaders and select “Open shaderpacks folder”.
- Drag the yShaders into the folder.
- Select yShaders and select “Done”.
yShaders Mod 1.8/1.7.10