Vegan Option Mod is an interesting mod that seeks to implement vegan alternatives to all Minecraft mob/animal products using the following directions:
- Nothing added to worldgen
- No new crops added
Alternatives by Item:
- Bone <=> Fossils
- Bone Meal (as a fertilizer) <=> Fertilizer
- Bone Meal (as a white dye) <=> White Vegetable Oil Ink
- Milk (as a food) <=> Plant Milk
- Milk (as a status effect curative) <=> Soap
- Ink Sac <=> Black Vegetable Oil Ink
- Slimeball <=> Resin
- Wool <=> Block of Kapok
- Feather <=> Faux Feather
- String <=> Jute Fiber or Kapok Tufts
- Leather <=> Burlap
- Leather Armor <=> Burlap Armor
- Raw/Cooked Meat/Fish (as a food) <=> No alternative yet (HarvestCraft’s tofu is recommended for this purpose)
- Egg (as a food) <=> No alternative yet (HarvestCraft’s tofu is recommended for this purpose)
- Egg (as a baking agent) <=> Potato Starch or Apple Sauce
- Egg (as an object) <=> Plastic Egg
- Gunpowder <=> Charcoal + Sulfur + Saltpeter
- Rotten Flesh <=> Rotten Plants
- Blaze Rod <=> Plastic Rod + Rosin + Vegetable Wax + Flint & Steel
- Pufferfish <=> Frozen Bubble
- Ender Pearl <=> Frozen Bubble + Raw Ender
- Ghast Tear <=> Proof of Suffering
- Spider Eye <=> False Morel or Doll’s Eye
- Fermented Spider Eye <=> Fermented False Morel
- Mob Heads <=> Blank Mob Head + Various Dyes
- Nether Star <=> No alternative yet
- Dragon Egg <=> No alternative yet
Various blocks that the mod adds
Various in-world crafting methods (generally optional)
Custom NEI handlers
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
Vegan Option Mod Download Links: