Like the land management of Towny but think it’s too tame? Like the PvP of Factions but nowhere for your players to build in peace? Introducing Vectron Wars ? A Towny Advanced add-on that will bridge the gap between those two plugins and allow your builders to build without running the risk of having their beautiful creations destroyed, while still allowing your towns and nations to participate in the chaotic Factions-like PvP element.
When a nation declares war on another nation, PvP is turned on in the towns at war, the nations declare each other as enemies (prevents town spawn travel), and the two nations are given a defense value equal to the number of towns in the nation, and each town within those nations are given a defense value equal to the number of residents * 2 + claimed town chunks (configurable).
If a resident of a nation at war is killed by a member of the enemy nation, a defense point is taken off of the victims town. Once the town defense reaches zero, it gets added to the enemies nation, a defense point is taken off of the victims nation, and the victims nations balance divided by the number of towns in that nation (before the conquer), and added to the victors nations balance. Then assuming you have set up the permissions correctly, conquered towns must remain in the nation that conquered them until such a time as their kicked, or conquered by another nation (I recommend setting up a max tax on towns and nations to prevent abuse). Players may not capture a nations capitol city until all other towns in the enemy nation have been captured.
- /twar ? Displays TownyWars configuration information (how the point calculation is setup + costs setup).
- /twar help ? Displays the TownyWars help page.
- /twar status ? Displays a list of ongoing wars.
- /twar status [nation] ? Displays a list of the nations towns and their defense points
- /twar declare [nation] ? Starts a war with another nation (REQUIRES YOU TO BE A KING/ASSISTANT).
- /twar end ? Request from enemy nations staff to end the ongoing war. (REQUIRES YOU TO BE A KING/ASSISTANT).
- /twar neutral [nation] ? Makes a certain nation neutral so other cannot declare war on it. Neutral nation members will also not be able to declare war on others. This command requires the townywars.neutral permission.
- /twar reload ? Reloads the plugin
- /twar astart [nation] [nation] ? Forces two nations to go to war.
- /twar aend [nation] [nation] ? Forces two nations to stop a war.
- townywars.admin ? Grants access to admin commands
- townywars.neutral ? Grants the ability to make a nation neutral
- pper-player: 2.0 ? Defense Points allocated per resident to the town defense ? (this setting is a double)
- pper-plot: 1.0 ? Defense Points allocated per owned chunk to the town defense (this setting is a double)
- death-cost: 0.0 ? If killed during a war by an enemy town, your town will pay the killers town this amount. (this setting is a double)
- declare-cost: 0.0 ? It will cost nations this amount to declare war. (this setting is a double)
- end-cost: 0.0 ? It will cost both nations this amount if they decide to end the war peacefully. (this setting is a double)
- Requires Towny Advanced 0.82.1.6 and up to operate.
- Download plugin and drop it into the plugins directory
- Change your permissions so regular Towny residents DO NOT have the permission: towny.command.nation.leave (this makes it so towns cannot leave the nation once they have joined and must be conquered back or kicked)
Would you like to help contribute to this project? Please visit our bitbucket (github like service), and help us out by reporting bugs, and even programming new features that you would like to see! We will turn the current code into the plugin and publish it to bukkitdev weekly (if updates exist).
VectronCraft Towny Wars Plugin 1.7.2 Download Links