The Mining Mod, which started about 3 years ago, adds some new tools and armor. This simple mining mod might be the favorite mod of many people. A simple mod became a popular mod with over 45k downloads. For over 1.5 year the mod wasn’t updated, untill now!
- Sapphire ore, with tool and armor sets
- Ruby ore, with tool and armor sets
- Copper ore, used to make bronze
- Tin ore, used to make bronze
- Bronze, with tool and armor sets
- Mithril, with tool and armor sets
- Silver, with tool and armor sets
A list of the sets from worst to best:
- Crystal (200 tool uses, 3.0F speed)
- Silver (400 tool uses, 3.5F speed)
- Bronze (500 tool uses, 4.0F speed)
- Ruby/Sapphire (600 tool uses, 9.0F speed)
- Mithril (10.000 tool uses, 15.0F speed)
As you can see, mithril is quite overpowered. This is balanced by the fact that it’s extremely hard to get. I might adjust it a little bit if I get any complaints about it.
For the recipes, I recommend using a mod like Not Enough Items. You can see any recipe you want with this mod.
Installing the client
- Download and install Minecraft Forge for the appropriate version
- Download the Mining Mod
- Open your .minecraft folder, by typing %AppData% in your explore
- Drag and drop the Mining Mod jar file into the mods folder, which was created by installing Forge
- Start up Minecraft, it should work!
Download The Mining Mod 1.7.10