Surface quartz adds one new ore in the overworld that drops nether quartz. It is just as common as nether quartz ore (subject to change for balance), and when mined, it drops nether quartz!
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Surface Quartz Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
- Added quartz tools back in, now with a config option to disable them to decrease compatibility issues with other mods (namely applied energistics.)