Strata Mod installs two layers of stone called strata into Minecraft world. Here are noticeble traits to have an interesting game.
- Each strata is harder than the last, needing a higher tier pickaxe to mine.
- Each layer is 23 blocks deep, with the bottom layer starting from bedrock.
- Stone in the first strata is vanilla Minecraft stone, and can be mined as usual.
- Stone in the second strata requires at least an Iron Pickaxe to mine.
- Stone in the third strata requires at least a Diamond Pickaxe to mine.
- Dirt and gravel are also affected by Strata, and require a shovel of the relevant tier to mine.
- Ore is only affected visually, and can be mined with the same pickaxe as the ore it is based off of.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Strata Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.