Sound Physics Mod is a creative mod that performs function of overhauling Minecraft’s sound engine to simulate reverberation, sound occlusion/absorption, and physically based sound attenuation. Thanks to this function, player might base on the sound simulation to determine the place of a mob, even if it’s just around the corner or in a closed-off area with your eyes closed.
However, to run the mod well, you need to define some considerations listed below:
- Make sure that all sound files are mono, not stereo. A sound file is stereo meaning that it won’t function property. Or else, you can use a free audio editor like Audacity to convert stereo sound files to mono.
- Set the Environment Evaluation Rays in the Mod Options to the highest value. The more rays are, the more consistent and accurate sound simulation is.
- If your Minecraft is running at a low frame rate (below 30 fps), some sound artifacts can occur (a sound randomly having the wrong reverb settings).
How to install Sound Physics 1.11:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Download Sound Physics Soundfix Resource Pack.
- Place the resource pack .zip file in your .minecraft/resourcepacks directory
- Select the resource pack in Options > Resource Packs and make sure it’s at the top of the active resource packs list.
- Configure the parameters in the Mod Options menu to your liking.
- Enjoy the mod.
Sound Physics 1.11 Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.11
Sound Physics Mod: Download from Server 1 – Download from Server 2
Sound Physics Soundfix Resource Pack: Download from Server 1 – Download from Server 2