This mod is a remake of the original Soul Shards mod, that never got updated.
What is this mod about?
If you are not familiar with the original Soul Shards mod, the basic concept is allowing players to legitimately get mob spawners, by killing tons of mods.
How do i get started with this mod?
First of all you will need a Soul Shard. To get it, you will need:
8 End Stone
1 Glowstone (block)
?Next, you need to create a strucure in the world as shown in the picture below:
Finally, right click the center Glowstone block with the diamond, and you will get your Soul Shard!
How to use?
Well, now the fun part starts! Firstly, you must kill a creature to bind it?s soul to the Shard. Please note that a soul shard can only hold one soul type!Next, you need to level up your shard, by getting more kills of the same mob-type it is bound to. Check out complete list of each tier?s characteristics below.
There are a grand total of 5 tiers available. Here are the specs:
- Tier 1: Now you?re getting somewhere! Tier 1 requires 64 kills, and can spawn 2 mobs every 20 seconds, following vanilla mob spawner rules.
- Tier 2: Requires 128 kills, can spawn 4 mobs every 10 seconds, but still follows vanilla spawn rules.
- Tier 3: Requires 256 kills, can spawn 4 mobs every 5 seconds, and does not requires players to be nearby (the chunk must be loaded, though).
- Tier 4: Requires 512 kills, the only difference with the previous tier is that mobs can spawn in worlds that are non-native to them (example, an enderman can now spawn in the overworld as well as in the nether and the end).
- Tier 5: Requires 1024 kills, can spawn 6 mobs every 2 seconds, it completely ignores vanilla spawning mechanics, and responds to a redstone signal
Please note that all tier requirements are fully configurable in the main config file!
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Soul Shards Reborn Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
Mod Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.7.2
For Minecraft 1.7.10