Scenter is an useful client mod in Minecraft that is designed to find (scent out) easily hidden ores, like coal, iron, diamond, and more in Minecraft world.
- With the Scenter mod you can easily find nearby ores, like coal, iron, diamond, and more.
How it works:
Whenever you interact with the environment (with left click or right click) the Scenter is activated and marks the direct path to your target ore with floating colored particles.
It searches 3×3 chunks (=3×3 x 16x16x256 blocks) surrounding the avatar for blocks of the selected target type (pressing ‘O’ lets you toggle between the targets). When it finds a block it marks the direct path to the block. If it finds more blocks of the same type then it selects the nearest one.
Supported block types:
- Coal Ore
- Diamond Ore
- Emerald Ore
- Gold Ore
- Iron Ore
- Lapis Ore
- Redstone Ore
- Nether Quartz Ore
You can extend this list by editing the Scenter configuration file (see below).
- O – Enable Scenter / Switch to next block type
- L – Disable Scenter
However, other mods might add custom blocks to Minecraft. To find out the names of these blocks do the following:
- Run Minecraft with Scenter installed
- Enter a world
- Enable Scenter (by pressing ?O’)
- Quit Minecraft
- Open your .minecraft/logs folder
- Open file fml-client-latest.log
- Search for the line containing ?[mickkay.scenter.ScenterMod/Scenter]: These blocks are registered:?
- Below that line you’ll find a list of all registered blocks.
To add multiple blocks as a multi-block target:
- Add a new line with a comma-separated list of block names
adds a new target for stationary lava and flowing lava. If such a multi-block target is activated during gameplay, then Scenter searches the environment for
any of those blocks and marks the trail to the nearest one found.
To add a block subtype as a single-block target:
- Add a new line with a the block name followed by a slash ?/’ and the corresponding subtype ID (also known as ?damage value’)
wool/14 # Red Wool
adds red wool as a new target. (The ?#’ marks the rest of the line as a comment which will be ignored by Scenter.)
To add multiple block subtypes as a multi-block target:
- Add a new line with a comma-separated list of block subtypes
wool/14, wool/4, wool/6 # Red, Green, and Blue Wool
adds a target for red wool, green wool, and blue wool.
To use a custom color for a specific target’s particle trail:
- Locate the line with the target you want to change.
- Insert the desired color code right after the block name(s), but before any comment (?#’)
- The color code must be specified as HEX value (but without any leading ?#’)
lava, flowing_lava FF0000
sets the lava target’s color to red (FF0000). You might want to use the
Online Color Picker to choose the color code. [/spoiler]
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Scenter Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%.minecraftmods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
Scenter Mod Download Links: