Vanilla Minecraft doesn’t reveal your real hunger. For those who don’t know, saturation is essentially a hidden hunger bar that determines how long you can go without eating. Saturation is why some foods keep your hunger bar filled longer than others, and saturation is why you need to eat so much more in 1.7 than you did before. Knowing your saturation allows you to see the true value of different foods and how long you have until you need to eat again.
SaturationDisplay shows your saturation number (which goes from 0 to 20, like health and armor) just above your experience level, along with your other status indicators.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Saturation Display Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.