Evil’s Plugins: Restricted Areas!
If you want to?
- Keep your server’s world size to a minimum to saving space
- Minimize chunk-loading lag caused by having lots of online players (main cause of server-side lag)
- Have a raiding/factions server and want the players to be able to find and fight with each other
- Are just plain sick of players camping at two-and-a-half-gazillion blocks from the spawn!
?Then this is a plugin you might want ?
- Simply select areas with WorldEdit and set them as “habitable”
- Don’t have WorldEdit? Don’t worry! Just add an area straight to the contain.txt file in the Evil Plugins folder
- Once any part of a world has been claimed, players in that world can not enter any unclaimed zones. (in that world)
- If no areas are set within a world, then the whole world will be counted accessible.
- moderators with the stayinside.evade permission can override the plugin by using /escape
- ..they can also use /escape [player name] to toggle wall-evading for players besides themselves.
| **Permissions ~ |
| ~ Commands ~ |
- pos1 ~ Sets a position
- pos2 ~ Sets another position
- /restrict ~ Adds the selection to the contain.txt, (however you will need a server restart for this new area to take effect).
Note: If you don’t have WorldEdit, it will say “unknown command”. However, it still works, so don’t worry.
Format for contain.txt entries
[World Name],[max X],[min X],[max Y],[min Y],[max Z],[min Z]
(each new entry goes on a new line)
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Example ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
This keeps all players in the world “world” within a 1000×1000 square area. the ‘0’s in the [min Y] and [max Y] cause these areas to have no restriction (the player can go to any height/depth they wish)
(To prevent players from going above y=85, you would rewrite it like this: world”,1000,-1000,85,0,1000,-1000)
This is my first plugin to be posted on Bukkit, so comments are welcome but go easy on me ?