Red Gear Core is primarily a library of classes that is used by most mods created by Team Red Gear.
This mod benefits you much because it helps do a lot of things in game. They will be shown below:
- You might change glass and ice blocks, make them “solid”. It means that you can place torches, redstone dust, snow, levers, track, and such on them. Interestingly, the mods will spawn on them
- You also can option to make water finite, or reduce chunk relighting events, reducing lag.
- If you want to register a few vanilla items and blocks to the Forge Ore Dictionary, this mod also supports you. These things are Coal Ore, Iron Ingots, Blocks, Gold Ingots; Blocks, Emerald; Blocks, Diamond; Blocks.
One highlight feature of this mod is that you are able to change all transformers individually, no matter how registration is.
Install Forge build 965 or higher1
Download Red Gear Core
Place the .jar file into the “mods” folder.
Go down to the “Red Gear Mods” section of this post and install any number of those mods, and have fun.
1Older builds may or may not work.
Red Gear Mods
The following mods were all created by Team Red Gear and require Red Gear Core to function.
- More Backpacks
- Chemcraft Compatibility
- Liquid Fuels
- Tile Interface
- Use this mod in mod packs so long as
- You provide credit to Team Red Gear or LordBlackhole.
- You provide a link to the Minecraft Forums, CurseForge or Curse page.
- You do NOT make money off of your pack OR you donate at least $5 via the donate button on Curse. Money accepted to pay for a server is fine, you just can’t make any profit.
- Clone the repository to
- Fix bugs
- Add content. Talk to me (LordBlackhole) first though. I can be contacted on Curse, CurseForge, Minecraft Forums, GitHub, or email at gmail. I use the same name on all of these sites).
- Use the code in the RedGear repository to
- Create mods that use any RedGear mod’s API, depends on or adds too any RedGear mod. (Core has a lot of useful stuff).
- Use the code as a reference to learn about Minecraft modding or programming in general. (You can also contact me, (LordBlackhole) about that too, and I’ll do my best to answer any questions you have.)
You may NOT:
- Distribute this mod without giving proper credit.
- Make money off of this mod or mod pack containing this mod without donating at least $5.
- Copy ANY amount of code directly from the RedGear repository without first asking permission from LordBlackhole. (Unless otherwise stated)
- Copy any unique textures, files or anything else from any RedGear mod.
- Be a jerk in ways I haven’t thought of yet.
- Possible fix for Core not working on dedicated server. Not 100% sure fix will work.
- Small fix for machines that have fluids aka Liquid Fuels machines.
- Small fix for item registration. Small, but VERY important for 1.7 update.
Download Red Gear Core Mod