Quote from Plugin Creator:V4.0 is awaiting Bukkit’s approval! Please wait so you can download V4.0!
Race Games let’s you create horse and foot tracks, each with several spawns, checkpoints, respawnblocks and a finishline. There are no other plugins needed to use this plugin and it’s very easy to setup a race. During a race a scoreboard shows the players their personal record and the track record. At the end of a race rewards, like money and items, can be given to specific positions.
During the race players can reach checkpoints where they will respawn when they touch a respawnblock. (e.g. when people fall off into water during the race, they will respawn at their last checkpoint). When a player finishes his/her time will be broadcasted to all the other racers and their personal record and the track record may get updated. When all players are finished, the name and finishtime of the fastest racer will be broadcasted to all racers. If configured, rewards are given.
This plugin can be used for foot races, horse races, mazes, parkours, etc.
How it works
- A player joins the game with ‘/rg join‘ and will get teleported to the lobby.
- When the minimum amount of players to to auto-start is reached or when the command ‘/rg start‘ is executed, the voting will start.
- The track that got the most votes will be the next track.
- The players will be teleported to the spawns of the chosen track. If there aren’t enough spawns, some players will get kicked.
- A countdown will start and all the players will be frozen.
- When the countdown reaches 0 all the players will be unfrozen and the race starts. If the track is a horse track, the players will get mounted on a horse.
- When checkpoints are used, the players will be able to reach new checkpoints.
- When a player touches a respawnblock they will get telelported back to their last checkpoint.
- When all players are finished, the race will be over and the winner will be broadcasted.
- Type: ‘/rg setlobbyspawn‘ ? This will set the lobby spawn to your current location.
- Type: ‘/rg createtrack <trackname> <horse/foot>‘ ? This will create and select a new track. You can choose: make it a foot track or a horse track.
- Type: ‘/rg addstart‘ ? This will add your current location as a start to the selected track. Repeat the command to add as many spawns as you like.
- Create a finishline/block. By default a redstoneblock is used to finish a player. Let players run on the finishblock at the finish to stop their personal time.
- Check the config. Modify the config to match your personal interests. Set the minimum players needed, the duration of the countdown, etc
- Type: ‘/rg reload‘ ? This will reload the config.yml and save the changes you made.
- OPTIONAL ? Create checkpointblocks to let the players reach checkpoints. Goldblock by default.
- OPTIONAL ? Create respawnblocks to teleport players back to their last checkpoint. Water by default.
- That’s it, enjoy racing!
Commands and Permissions
||Get info about the plugin
||Granted by default
||Get all the available commands
||Granted by default
||See who are playing the game
||Granted by default
||Get a list of all the tracks
||Granted by default
||Join the game
||Leave the game
|/rg vote <trackname>
||Vote for a track
||Set the lobby spawn to your current position
|/rg createtrack <trackname> <horse/foot>
||Create a new track
|/rg settrack <trackname>
||Select a track
|/rg settype <trackname> <horse/foot>
||Change the type of a track
||Add your current position as a start to the selected track
|/rg spawns <trackname>
||Check how many spawns are set for the chosen rack
||Force the game to start
||Force the game to stop
||Reload the config.yml
The permission race.admin contains all permissions of race.member
The command /rg does the same thing as /racegames
Add checkpoint blocks.
Add a command to reload the config.
Keep track of the fastest time ever.
Keep track of the personal fastest time.
Support multiple tracks.
Teleport players back to a lobby when they finish the race.
Support horse tracks.
- Create a YouTube video.
Last updated: 20th of December 2013
[A] = Added [C] = Changed [F] = Fixed
- [A] Added the ability to create horse tracks!
- [A] Added new command to change the type of a track: /race settype <trackname> <horse/foot>
- [A] Added a scoreboard.
- [A] Added personal records.
- [A] Added track records.
- [A] Added auto-check for updates. You can disable this in the config.yml.
- [A] Added messages to the messages.yml.
- [A] Added sound during the countdown.
- [A] Added random horse colors.
- [F] Fixed bugs.
- [F] Fixed the double ‘ in some messages.
- [F] Fixed permissions errors. Some admin commands didn’t need a permission, now fixed.
- [F] Player is now kicked out of the race when he leaves / dies.
- [C] Changed command: /race createtrack <trackname> to: /race createtrack <trackname> <horse/foot>
- [C] Changed the plugin name.
- [C] Changed the name of the permissions.
- [C] If nobody votes, the track will be picked randomly.
- [A] Added multiple track support.
- [A] Added voting system to select a track.
- [A] Added lobby room players will get teleported to when they join the race.
- [A] Added new command to list all the available commands: /race commands
- [A] Added new command to list all the tracks: /race tracks
- [A] Added more messages in messages.yml (So generate a new messages.yml by deleting the old one!!!)
- [F] Rewardcommands didn’t get executed, now fixed.
- [C] Changed the plugin colors in-game.
- [A] Added the command: /race reload ? Reloads the config.yml
- [A] Added checkpointsblocks.
- [A] Added respawnblocks: Player will get teleported back to their last checkpoint or to their spawnpoint when they didn’t reach a respawnblock, when they hit the respawnblock. (e.g. lava or water)
- [A] Added permissions.
- [A] race.member gives access to: /race join and /race leave.
- [A] race.admin gives acces to: /race reload, /race addspawn and /race forcestart and all the race.member commands.
- [A] Added the option to execute commands when the race finishes.
- [C] Countdowntime in config.yml can now be set to -1 to disable the countdown.
- [C] Made the checkpointblock and respawnblock configurable.
- [C] Changed the command /race setspawn to /race addspawn.
- [C] Changed the command /race start to /race forcestart.
- [F] Fixed issue: config.yml and spawn.yml were placed in different folders.
- [A] Walking on the ‘Finishblock’ defined in the config.yml will finish, and stop the time for, that player.
- [A] Freeze the players when they join the race, untill the race starts.
- [A] Add the commands /race: join, leave, start, setspawn, spawns, list.
- [A] Add an auto-start
- [A] Make the ‘players needed to auto-start’, ‘countdown time’ and the finishblock’ configurable.
Please let me know what you think about this plugin. If you want me to add something to the plugin, just leave a comment below.
Race Games Plugin 1.7.2 Download Links