Oscilight: The Light Shadow Map is based around lights (stained glass blocks) that help you traverse and complete the many unique levels. Each Chapter will introduce you to a new light or mechanic and gradually makes the puzzles harder and harder.
This map features over 50 unique puzzling levels, a philosophical storyline explored throughout your completion of the 6/7 chapters and a whole bunch of custom mechanics unique to this map. It is Singleplayer only though, but the map normally lasts at least 3 hours, based on those who have played it already.
If you fall more than 3 blocks, you will die and the level will be reset.
Using the respective item in your hotbar, you can restart the level or return to the hub at any time.
An option to play every level individually or as a chapter story.
- Green – Goes up. It will push you through and stop at any kind of glass block. When using green light with your inactive Shadow or Player on it, they will be moved off of it. In some cases, this might cause them to go out of the map due to how the ./spreadplayers command works. Basically, don’t use it when both players are on it.
- Red – Goes down.
- Blue – Goes in the direction you face. Each source block can only create light in one direction. You cannot jump on Blue light. Sometimes you are able to jump onto Blue light without taking damage, try to avoid this as no levels use this as the correct solution.
- Boxes – These can be placed on button pads by right-clicking on them. To retrieve it, right-click on the top of the Box.
- Locked light – Green and Red light can be locked (they appear darker) and do not work until unlocked by using a button or pad.
- Shadow – Your co-operative player that you control. Switch between your characters (You are white, your Shadow is black) with your Switcher item. Leaving the inactive character on a button pad will still activate it. You cannot switch in mid-air.
- Black/White -You can only pass through white, your Shadow can only pass through Black.
- Grey – Will switch it to the colour of the character that passed through it permanently until level reset.
- Orange/Purple – Standing on the source block as a player or character will make the respective light appear.
- The map uses a resource pack with a language file. So, you’ll need to ensure your game is set to English – UK, or English – US.
- Singleplayer ONLY.
- Clouds OFF.
- ‘Friendly Creatures’ sounds OFF.
- In the Hub: There are two sections in the hub – the Story and the Bonus levels. The Bonus levels section will open when the first 6 chapters have been completed. In the Story section, each chapter will open once you’ve completed all 8 levels in the previous chapter. Try clicking the Chapter signs too!
- In the Chapter Sub-Hubs: Each level has its own bay, allowing you to play them in any order.
- In the Levels: In each level you have the ability to restart the level or return to hub. Remember, you can’t fall more than 3 blocks or take any damage. In most levels, your goal is to simply reach the end. Sometimes, you’ll need to use a button to open it, or when you are introduced to your Shadow you may need to get both characters to the end and stand on their respective block. There are also ‘pure’ levels, where the aim is to figure out what is going on in order to unlock the end. Each level has its own name and ‘hint’ message, which can give you clues as to how to complete that level.
How to install:
- Download the map.
- Extract file.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/saves folder.
- If the “saves” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag extracted map folder into that.
- Start minecraft.
- Enjoy and play.