What Ore Spiders Mod does?
This mod adds various types of spiders relating to various ores. Each spider has various abilities and drops. This should make cave exploring a tiny bit more exciting!
Read more: Spider Queen Mod
- The Coal Spider spawns pretty much everywhere, like the coal ore does.
- The Ender Spider, spawns ONLY in the End, as I thought it would be too difficult to be the over-world. However, I MAY change it if people request.
- The Nether-Quartz Spider only spawns in the Nether.
- The Obsidian Spider spawns CLOSE to obsidian, usually within a 8x8x8 cube of obsidian. They are quite rare because of this spawning condition.
Every Spider has 1/2 chance of dropping their respective drop, as long as they die by the players sword.
I.E. If the Spider dies by fire/lava it will not drop ANYTHING ? As requested by the guy who gave the idea for the mod. If the Spider the dies by a sword with looting, it still has a 1/2 chance of dropping, but it will drop significantly more.
There is only one recipe in the mod, and that is
X = Diamond Nugget
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Ore Spiders Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.