Mumblelink Mod 1.6.4
A client-side Mod so that Minecraft now natively supports Mumble’s positional audio feature.
This means: Directional and positionally attenuated VOIP in relation to the game world.
Advanced Mumble Configuration
Instead of hearing people from indefinitely far away you can set up mumble to only hear them when they are close. In return you (and they!) will need to bind an extra key to communicate with those far away (imagine it being a ?walkie-talkie? button).
To set this up you will need to do some special settings which differ from the defaults, in return it might enhance your audio experience.
- In settings dialog check ?Advanced? (bottom left)
- ?Link to Game and Transmit Position? activated,
restart after setting this option
(this mod will not work without it!!!)
- Maximum Distance: 70m
(this value will determine when others are too far away to be heard)
- Minimum Volume: 0%
(this value makes you not hear people beyond Maximum Distance)
- untick ?Attenuate applications by?? ?while other users talk? and ?while you talk?
(mumble would dampen Minecraft’s audio if ticked)
- bind a key (?Shortcut?) to ?Shout/Wisper? ?Shout to Channel? select ?Current? Channel and make sure to check ?Ignore positional audio?
(this will enable you to speak to everyone no matter how far away they are or what their settings are)
- Close both Mumble and Minecraft.
- install Minecraft Forge
- put the MumbleLink.jar into your .minecraft/mods folder – DO NOT EXTRACT THE JAR!
- Windows: %Appdata%.minecraftmodsMumbleLink.jar
- Linux: ~/.minecraft/mods/MumbleLink.jar
- setup Mumble: activate advanced option ?Link to Game and Transmit Position?
- Configure -> Settings -> Tick ?Advanced? -> ?Plugins? -> Tick ?Link to Game and Transmit Position?
- optional advanced Mumble settings
Download Mumblelink Mod