Modular furnace is a mod that I started a couple years back and its come a long way since. My goal was to create a multi-block structure that adapted to what you build it out of. Too often I see multi-blocks being centered around a specific configuration and I wanted to break from that. In this mod, you determine how you want your furnace to behave by putting different blocks into the structure. The blocks can by anything (within reason) and you never know how the block will affect the performance. You decide how this furnace works.
- Dynamic Textures! The blocks will adapt to the resource pack
- Modular, it will work with modded blocks as well. Endless possibilities
- Acts like a normal furnace for input and output. Can add I/O upgrade to change
- Tough glass. Its glass, but strong
- Tinted glass. Its just tinted glass. These are used for rendering and are not intended to be taken seriously
Getting started is very simple. You must build a 3x3x3 structure with a hollow center. Leave one side open to place the furnace core. Now place the furnace core in the center block and right click to activate the structure.
You can upgrade the furnace in a couple of ways:
- Speed: Certain blocks will increase the speed of the furnace. None will decrease the speed; however, make sure you watch the efficiency. Most blocks that increase speed lower efficiency
- Efficiency: Some blocks will increase efficiency. This means it will burn fuel more efficiently.
- Multiplicity: The furnace addition block will allow you to do multiple smelting processes per process. For instance, if you multiplicity is 4x (meaning you added 3 furnace additions) and you had a stack of 16 in the input; when the arrow reaches the end it will smelt 4 items from the input, leaving 12. If there are not 4 items or the output is within 4 of a full stack it will smelt as much as it can to fill those spaces.
- Experience: You can add a single emerald block to triple your experience. This upgrade does not stack
- Crafting: You can add a crafting upgrade to your furnace to have a crafting grid in your GUI
- I/O Block: Allows you to toggle what slot inputs/outputs from that block of the structure
The stats displayed are in relation to a vanilla furnace
Modular Furnace Core
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Modular Furnaces 2 Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
Mod Download Links: