Mo’ Villages Mod makes villages more common and adds them to all 1.7 biomes. There is also a configuration file to change how rare villages are. By default, villages will spawn about 2-3x more than normal, but this can be adjusted to normal, extreme, or insane generation rates. Note that the new villages will only generate in new chunks, so you must either make a new world or explore further out.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Mo’ Villages Mod 1.7.2 by Pigs_FTW from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
To change how commonly villages spawn:
- 1. Go into your .minecraft or minecraft folder
- 2. Go into the config folder and then MoVillages folder
- 3. Open VillageDistance.cfg with a text editor (Notepad or TextEdit)
- 4. Change the value according to the key (lower = more common, higher = less common)
Mo’ Villages Mod Download Links: