This is a huge step forward for the future plugin API and will replace texture packs. Unfortunately, texture packs will no longer be supported but you can use this fancy tool to automatically convert them!
- Removed Texture Pack support, added Resource Packs
- Added new gamerule for day-night cycle
- Things and stuff
- Mobs spawn and then quickly despawn in peaceful. Looks like the “ender-porting-out-of-water” effect.
- You can’t get “The End?” achievement
- Persistence required tag freezes mobs
- Squids taking damage while in water
- Hard to spawn Squids
- Scoreboard “health” objective set to display “belowname” disconnecting player on multiplayer with end of stream
- Lava texture animation moves too fast / Animated textures ignoring text files
To get the snapshot, use the new launcher available in the link below. To return to 1.5.2, simply start the old launcher and play as normal.
Windows: Server 1 Download ? Server 2 Download
MAC/OSX: Server 1 Download ? Server 2 Download
Linux: Server 1 Download ? Server 2 Download
Cross-platform jar: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/13w24a/minecraft_server.13w24a.jar
Windows EXE: https://s3.amazonaws.com/Minecraft.Download/versions/13w24a/minecraft_server.13w24a.exe
Credits: The Minecraft and Minecraft Realms teams