This mod adds an in game mini-map for multiplayer and singleplayer. Full screen map GUI which allows you to set waypoints by right clicking, pan map by click dragging, zoom with the mouse wheel. It also adds a short range underground mode showing air, water and lava around the player.
- In game mini-map for multiplayer and singleplayer.
- Client side (server does not need to have the mod installed).
- The areas you explore are saved and can be viewed by scrolling or zooming the map, even when you are in a completely different part of the world.
- Full screen map GUI. Set waypoints by right clicking, pan map by click dragging, zoom with the mouse wheel.
- Rotating circular mini map mode. Can be enabled in the options GUI.
- Colours for blocks automatically generated from the block’s texture.
- Support for custom texture packs.
- Support for blocks added by mods.
- Biomes now coloured appropriately.
- Entire map can be written to a PNG image.
- Explored chunks are also saved in Anvil format from multiplayer servers, so you can view the world using tools such as Eihort.
- When in the Nether the mini map shows your effective location in the Overworld. This makes placing portals easier.
- Underground map mode (vastly improved in 2.0.14).
- All block colours configurable, including extended block ID’s.
If you can’t resist walking to every corner of the world in games for no other purpose than filling your map, then this is the mod for you. It functions like the maps in many RPG’s, not only showing your immediate surroundings, but also everywhere you’ve been before. Another feature is that once you are done exploring for the day you can press ?m’ then ?p’ to create a PNG image of everywhere you have explored!
In game mini map mode (circular map mode enabled in map GUI -> options menu)
In game full screen GUI.
Zooming out to see the world.
In Game Key Bindings:
- ?n’ toggles mini-map between normal mode, large mode, and hidden.
- ?m’ opens/closes the interactive map GUI.
- ?,’ toggles which marker group is shown.
- ?.’ teleports to nearest visible marker in the direction you are facing.
- ?page up’ zooms out.
- ?page down’ zooms in.
- ?u’ toggles underground mode.
In game key bindings can be changed via the normal Minecraft controls menu: Press Escape -> Options? -> Controls?
Map GUI Key Bindings:
- ?M’ opens/closes the interactive map GUI.
- ?Spacebar’ cycles through marker groups.
- ?Delete’ deletes the selected marker.
- ?Home’ centers map on the player.
- ?End’ centers the map on the selected marker.
- ?N’ selects next marker in current group.
- ?C’ changes colour of the selected marker.
- ?P’ write currently displayed area of map to PNG.
- ?T’ teleport to selected marker or to cursor position.
- ?L’ toggles map scaling filter between linear (blurred) and nearest (sharp).
- ?1′ toggles display of coordinates in game.
- ?2′ toggles rotating circular mini map mode.
- ?R’ regenerates the currently displayed area of the map. Use after changing texture packs.
- ?Page up’ zooms out.
- ?Page down’ zooms in.
- Left click dragging the map pans the view.
- Mouse wheel zooms the map view.
- Right clicking the map sets a new marker.
- Left clicking a marker selects it.
- Left click dragging a selected marker moves it.
- Mouse wheel on the selected marker cycles the marker colour.
- Arrow keys pan the map.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the MapWriter Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
- Support for Minecraft 1.7.10
- Support for Minecraft 1.7.2 (thanks jk-5!).
- Allow waypoint names to have spaces and other special characters (all characters except ":").
- If the teleportCommand in the MapWriter.cfg is set to "warp" teleporting to a waypoint will run the command "/warp <waypoint name>" rather than "/warp <x> <y> <z>".
- Hide waypoints set in a different dimension.
- Fix grey rectangles on nether map (caused by mushrooms growing above the ceiling bedrock!)
- Changing the dimension in the full screen GUI now causes the minimap to also display that dimension.
- Fix the overlays not working with the circular map mode.
- Fix mini map disappearing when chat is opened (jk-5).
- Slime chunk overlay now uses the "/seed" command to determine world seed (jk-5).
For Minecraft 1.5.2
For Minecraft 1.6.2
For Minecraft 1.6.4
For Minecraft 1.7.2
For Minecraft 1.7.10