LifeGauge Mod is a mod that displays the current health of a mob. If the mod isn’t installed on the server, potion effects will not be visible. It’s not required to be installed on the server, though. A server can also disable the mod for all the users connecting.
You can see the current hearts on the name tag and the total hearts on the black bar.
A name tag is always preferred over the normal entity name.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the LifeGauge Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.