Highlands Mod which is an fantastic mod does a comprehensive improvement in Minecraft biomes, trees, and terrain to help player to experience an extremely excited world. There are its striking features:
- 18 new biomes!
- 8 trees, all with their own wood, leaves and planks!
- 6 small plants!
- Custom world type and mountain generation!
- Fully compatible with customized world settings!
- Settings to disable biomes you don’t want!
- Biome rarity fix!
- Ore generation changes per biome!
- Forest generation based on height!
- Improvements to vanilla biomes!
- Adirondacks – Tall mountains of dirt and exposed stone, with forested foothills.
- Alps – Inhospitable mountains covered in deep snow, with pine forests in the valleys.
- Badlands – Plateaus and valleys of clay and dirt.
- Bald Hill – a tall treeless hill that provides a good lookout point over forests.
- Bamboo Forest – a dense forest of thin bamboo plants.
- Dry Forest – a low landscape covered in Aspen trees and shrubs.
- Grey Mountains – Ominous rocky crags covered in boulders and gnarled plants. The forested valleys contain many dead trees.
- Highlands – rolling hills covered in shrubs and flowering plants.
- Lake – a small body of water that appears in many inland biomes. Poplar trees can grow on the shores.
- Lowlands – Scattered lakes and low hills with stone and pine trees.
- Meadow – An idyllic plain with poplar trees and many flowers.
- Mojave – A dry semi-desert with red sand and Acacia trees.
- Pinelands – Tall but weathered hills and mountains with pine trees and shrubs.
- Poplar Hills – Lakes and hills covered in poplar trees.
- Redwood Forest – A dense forest with fir and giant redwood trees, and a podzol floor.
- Tropical Hills – Tall hills with a forest of Eucalyptus trees.
- Tropical Islands – A player lost at sea might discover one of these palm tree covered islands.
Trees and Plants:
- Aspen – A medium tree with light colored wood and autumn leaves.
- Bamboo – A small tree with a very thin stem.
- Eucalyptus – a tall straight tree that grows in the tropics.
- Fir – A tall thin pine tree with dark wood.
- Palm – A tropical palm tree.
- Poplar – A small tree that grows straight and thin.
- Redwood – A giant redwood tree that can grow to be more than 40 blocks tall.
- Dead – An oak tree that has lost all of its leaves.
- Great Oak – Oak trees can grow much more massive in the forests of Highlands.
- Shrubs – pine and oak shrubs that grow low to the ground.
- Waterflower – Small blue flowers on a dark stem.
- Cattail – Reeds that grow in the swamps and wetlands.
- Cotton – A bush with fluffy white tufts that can be spun into cloth.
- Blueberry Bush – Wild blueberries that grow in hilly areas.
- Raspberry Bush – Wild raspberries that grow in hilly areas.
- Lavender – A purple flowering plant.
- Tropical Leaf Fern – a fern-like plant with one big leaf.
- Thornbush – A bush with prickly thorns.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Highlands Mod 1.8 by from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
Highlands Mod Download Links: