This mod will make your mining trips more enjoyable by getting rid of the falling gravel problem that everyone has run into before.
You can either:
- Install it on your client and it will automatically place torches from your hotbar below falling gravel and retrieve the torch afterwards
- Or install it on your server (or singleplayer world) and it will insta-break gravel blocks above the block you mine, before they fall down
That means this mod works on clients, even if slightly less convenient than the server-side version. It will auto-adjust based on latency / TPS lag, so if it fails to get good timing with the torch placement, let it fail and it will learn and be less likely to fail next time.
When installed on a server, the mod uses an opt-in system for players: only those who want to use its functionality need to install the mod on their client. Players can connect without it just fine.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Gravel Miner Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%.minecraftmods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
Gravel Miner Mod Download Links: