Flammarilva was originally the author of this mod, but due to his circumstances could not continue development so he released the project as open source. Then Armbrust took the initiative to revive the mod, and brought together a small team to accomplish that. So huge thanks to Flammarilva for the awesome mod, and also to Armbrust for getting the ball rolling again.
Shadowbeast007 and Microjunk have both put in an insane amount of effort these past few weeks to get the mod up to the point that we can start releasing. The majority of the mod was rewritten to Forge standards, with many many more changes planned.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Fossil/Archeology Revival Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
If you see: cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: fossil.Fossil in your error message, double check your folders.
Credits: Microjunk, Shadowbeast007, 4f6f3b, tyranno66, Chellre