FarLands Mod brings back the Far Lands, which were present in the default game until Beta 1.8. However, this mod does more than just bring them back. It also allows you to configure the distance at which they start, so that they are reachable without travelling 12,550,820 blocks. Visit
the original mod thread here for all info.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the FarLands Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.