When you die, if you have a chest in your inventory, it will be placed where you die, or in the closest available spot. The chest will be filled with as many items as possible. Items stored in the crafting slot are still lost, as usual, and any excess that won’t fit in the chest will be dropped.
1.6.x and up
- 1) Run the latest launcher and download 1.6.1
- 2) Go to %appdata%/.minecraft/versions
- 3) Copy the directory named 1.6.1 and paste as 1.6.1ML (you may name however you please, but everything must match) so there are now two copies.
- 4) Enter new directory and rename the jar and json files to match the directory.
- 5) Open the json file in your prefered Notepad program and change:
- 6) Now with the jar you should do the steps below starting at number 3.
1.5.x and below
- 1) Open up %appdata%, if you don’t know how to do this, start>run, then type in %appdata%
- 2) Browse to .minecraft/bin
- 3) Open up minecraft.jar with WinRAR or 7zip.
- 4) Drag and drop the necessary files into the jar.
- 5) Delete the META-INF folder in the jar.
- 6) Run Minecraft, enjoy
- 1) Go to Applications>Utilities and open terminal.
- 2) Type in the following, line by line:
jar xf ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
- 3) Outside of terminal, copy all the files and folders into the mctmp directory.
- 4) Back inside terminal, type in the following:
jar uf ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar ./
rm -rf mctmp
- 5) Run Minecraft, enjoy!!