Death Chest Mod is similar to the one developed by Risugami, however it requires no base class edits and a death chest can be created without needing to have a chest in your inventory.
If your configuration is set to not need a saving stone(Which is not needed by default) then whenever you die a chest will spawn that contains as many of your inventory items as it can fit. If your configuration is set to need a saving stone, you’ll need to craft one then leave it in your inventory. No activation or sacrifice needed. The stone will be destroyed when you die, so you’ll need to craft another.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Death Chest Mod 1.7.2 by from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
Death Chest Mod Download Links: