CritterPet allows for the ability to tame spiders and other creatures to be usable as pets ? much like wolves ? and most can be used as rideable mounts.
Simply craft the taming wand and load it with the appropriate items. Once the tool is ready, right-click the target animal with the tool. The tool will not be consumed, but the item within will be. Taming can be extremely dangerous due to proximity to a hostile mob, so the taming process grants some experience.
To heal a spider, feed it steak. Other animals may need different taming items.
Some animals can be made to sit; To make it sit, right-click it with a bone. Sitting animals will make less noise and will not wander.
Tameable Species and Items:
- Vanilla Brown Spider (Rotten Flesh)
- Natura Heatscar Spider (Blaze Powder)
- Twilight Forest Hedge Spider (Melon Slice)
- Twilight Forest King Spider (Gold Ingot)
- Twilight Forest Slime Beetle (Slimeball)
- Twilight Forest Fire Beetle (Fire Charge)
- Twilight Forest Maze Slime (Brick)
- ThaumCraft Wisp (Glowstone Dust)
Each animal species also has special bonuses, both to riders and against mobs it attacks.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install DragonAPI.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.