This mod adds 4 items to your game which will greatly assist you in your daily mining-business. These blocks, the so called "Scanners", will scan your current chunk for a certain type of ore and mark it on your screen. They come in 3 different tiers, each with slightly different abilities.
Basic tier. Only shows one occurrence, even though there might be multiple ore veins in the chunk. Requires some XP!
First tier. Shows every vein, still needs XP!
Second tier. Shows every vein and needs no XP!
Did I mention that the scanners may or may not explode when you try to pick them up? The iron cage nerfs this by 50% (stackable).
- Get yourself an ore-sample ? Silk Touch is to be helpful for higher-tier ores!*
- Place down the scanner, Shift-Click and add the ore.
- Click the scanner and see the magic happen!
- When picking up the scanner, you’re gonna get your ore back & the searched entity is still stored w/in the block ? unless spontaneous combustion occurs?
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Chunk Analyzer Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.