This mod features new NPCs that will aid you against monsters.
- The Archer is stationary and will not move.
- They shoot arrows. (obviously)
- Will attack Monsters within range.
- Ideal for putting on high places. (Like a wall or a small tower.)
- Will not despawn.
- Will move around.
- The Knight have a good amount of health.
- Knights attack Mosters on Sight.
- The Merc no longer has a recipe, now you have to hire him in a mercenary post which can be found around the world
- Will stand still on the Mercenary post until you hire him.
- Give him a gold ingot and he will fight for you.
- Right click to tell him to stay and wait.
- They will not despawn if hired.
- Attack monsters on sight.
- Mercenarys have two textures. One when they are told to wait and one when they are following the player.
Mercenary post in the wilds:
The mage can be spawned if you have a medallion and an enemy mage spawner.
They will set your enemys on fire and they have a chanse to strike them with lightning.
The Medallion is an item found inside enemy castles. Right now there only use is to make your defender NPC follow you. (Like animals following wheat)
- Enemy castles is generated in the world. These castles contains chest where you can find varius items. They are however heavily defended. TNT is a good way of take them out.There are two castle types one with an extra tower.(Nothing special there yet)
- In the middle of the castle there is an ememy knight spawner and the walls are filled with enemy archer spawners. The Enemy archerspawner looks like a dark cobblestone block. The knight spawner look like a red stick.
You start with building a block for the mobs to spawn on. Like this:
Bow = Archer Block
Sword = Knight Block
- 1. It is always good to backup minecraft before instaling a new mod.
- 2. Install the latest Minecraft Forge
- 3. Move the “CastleDef” folder from the “CastleDefese.rar” to bin/mincraft.jar. Use Winrar to open minecraft.jar.
- 4. Play
- 1. Follow the instructions above.
- 2. Install Minecraft Forge into the mincraft_server.jar
- 3. Move the “CastleDef” folder from the “CastleDefese.rar” to mincraft_jar.
- 4. Run the server.
Note: Player who join the server need to have Castle Defenders installed on the client. The minecraft.jar is located at C:UsersUsernameAppDataRoaming.minecraftbin
How to change Block ID and Castle SpawnRate:
- 1. Go to .minecraftconfig
- 2. Find “Castle Defenders.cfg” and open it with notepad.
- 3.Edit the file. (Remeber: block IDs are from 1-255)
- If you want more castles: Give it a lower number.
- If you want fewer castles: Give it a higher number.
- Hold up a medalion to get your Defenders to follow you. (Found in enemy castles)
- Some changes for health and attackstrenght for most mobs.
- The enemy Defenders now attack your defenders on sight.
- Fixed the mages
- Mercs are avalible again.
- Added config file. Check instructions below.