What is Building Blocks Mod Maker (BBMM)?
This is for those that wish to make mods without having to take the time to decompile Minecraft and make a mod from the ground up. Say you want to add some new ore, tools, custom recipes and smelting. Why find the specific mod you’re looking for or waste an hour or two developing it when you could just write a quick text file to do everything for you!
How to install Building Blocks Mod Maker:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge
- Download Building Blocks Mod Maker
- Drop the BBMM mod .zip file into the mods folder in your .minecraft directory
- Either load the game and exit or create a folder in .minecraft titled bbmm (either one will work)
- You should now have successfully installed the Building Blocks Mod Maker, so read on for usage instructions
- In order to make this post look tidy, all usage instructions will be in the README for all future since they’re practically the same.
- Note: It does not matter what order your put your creation calls in the file, they are loaded progressively in the proper order. So if you put an item call, then a texture call, and then another item call, the calls will be loaded properly upon run time, so it will not matter unless you’re just trying to keep your calls together for organizational purposes. Now, when you load Minecraft, your new blocks and items should be created and available in the respective create tabs.
- Due to the way items are identified, the IDs are shifted by 256 after they are declared. If one were to create an item with BBMM with the ID 5000, the item’s ID is really 5256.
- Read readme.txt file include download file
Building Blocks Mod Maker Download Links: