Looking at the stack of old armor and tools sitting in a corner of my base, a thought occured to me: That stuff needs to go.
So this mod lets you smelt all the leather, iron, gold and diamond axes, pickaxes, swords and armor down, to be reused.
Smelting that crap back into something useful.
The process isn’t perfect, but about half of the ingots/leather/diamonds should be retained. Shovels are also not recoverable.
There isn’t much to them afterwards, really.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Armor Smelter Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.