What is Special Mobs?
Have you ever felt that your Minecraft monsters lacked variety? Randomized textures not enough? Well, we have the solution! Introducing: the Special Mobs mod!
In short, this small mod introduces variants to your default Minecraft mods, such as creepers with fiery explosions, skeletons that shoot poisoned arrows, and zombies that leap at you. Not only that, but it allows you adjust all vanilla spawn rates and even make jockeys more common!
Each mob added by this mod has an adjustable rate that affects how common it is, from never appearing to being the only mob that ever appears! The properties file is generated in the ?config? folder in your .minecraft directory.
Zombies and skeletons are given a somewhat random movement speed when spawned.
Special Zombie Pigmen:
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Special Mobs Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
Special Mobs Mod Download Links: