From the creator of the widely-popular Mesa Racer minigame comes a new and exciting way to experience PVP – Sky Fighter! Enjoy free movement in all six directions with an awesome new flying machine. Square head-to-head with friends and see who can last the longest! A wealth of weapons, features, and strategies makes this truly a challenge to master. There has never been a fighting game quite like this before!
Visit the original map thread here for all info.
- Sleek, minimalist design to reduce lagg and increase freedom of motion
- Fly in all six directions with precisely controllable ship
- Heavily enchanted diamond armor ensures exciting battles
- Explosive SnowFireBalls let you wreak havoc from afar
- Place TNT at the right time and place for a quick kill
- Be a sniper with a full stack of arrows and 10 specially-tipped rounds
- Shield and wooden sword for skill-based close combat
- Golden Apple and two Ender Pearls for emergencies
- Elytra option for a gliding attacks or last-second bails
- Chaser – Aggressively chase and overtake opponent using speed and proximity
- Bomber – Rapidly gain height and drop TNT on opponent for an easy win
- Archer – Rely on persistence and accuracy to defeat your opponent with arrows
- Terminator – Use SnowFireBall explosions to kill or knock your opponent into the void
- Trickster – Force your opponent’s ship to malfunction and send them into the void
- Saboteur – Disable your opponent and their ship with TNT and escape on your ship
- Dodger – Gracefully avoid your opponent’s attacks until they use up their ammo
- Defender – Master the shield to deflect attacks and stand your ground defiantly
- Sprinter – Use anticipation and speed to evade your opponent until they make a mistake
- Glider – Gain height, trade your chestplate for an elytra, and glide in for the attack!
Using a combination of free and agile movements, carefully planned ammunition allocation, and deadly accurate attacks, you can battle your friends to see who will be crowned the greatest Sky Fighter! The movement of the ship is controlled by walking, jumping, and toggling levers. Upon spawning, you will be on a platform with information about how to play and what ammunition you will receive. It may take a few tries to get used to the movement while also fighting, but once you master this new motion you will never view Minecraft PVP the same way again!
This game is designed for 2-5 people, although it is still possible to use the ships in singleplayer mode. More than 5 people could play simultaneously with a little coordination, you just need to move the ships from where they spawn. There are additionally a few Easter-Eggs and a secret game mode that can be unlocked with a little effort. A scoreboard keeps track of how many times each player has died, and can be reset along with the battle arena by stepping on a pressure plate near spawn.
How to install:
- Download the map.
- Extract file.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/saves folder.
- If the “saves” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag extracted map folder into that.
- Start minecraft.
- Enjoy and play.
Sky Fighter Map Download Links:
For Minecraft 1.9.x