Quadrum Mod provides a simple method to add blocks/items with custom properties. Combined with other tweak mods that exist, you have some endless possibilities.
Full usage of this mod can get a little complex, so I encourage you to refer to the documentation section below. In short though, upon first running your game, a block and an item directory can be found in your config folder inside the Quadrum folder. Everything to do with Quadrum happens here.
Inside those block and item folders, you will store your JSON files that dictate what blocks/items should be created (info on that below) as well as any textures that are to be used, and localization files.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Quadrum Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.