Presence Footsteps is an overly complicated footstep sound enhancement mod for Minecraft. It changes the way footstep sounds are produced, in addition to a whole new set of sounds.
Presence Footsteps adds new sound effects when Minecraft didn?t play any sound at all, such as jumping, landing, walking on the edge of a block, foot shuffling when coming to a stop.
It also plays sounds differently whenever you?re running, and allows each block to be played in a different way: Metal fences does not sound like iron blocks; Walking over rails both plays a faint metallic sound and the surface below it; Walking on a piston pointing upwards sounds like wood.
This only enhances your footsteps, not those of others players.
Instructions for modding Presence Footsteps:
- You can press the combination LEFT CTRL+LEFT SHIFT+F to reload Presence Footsteps live. This will reload all files, and add new sounds.
- If you still have the Minecraft Launcher open, pressing the above combination will enter Debug mode: A lot of useful text will be printed out in the development console of the launcher.
- If your modifications fail, consider putting acoustics.json into a json parser to check for syntax errors. Missing commas or an excessive comma at the end of objects are a common one.
- In the blockmap.cfg, NOT_EMITTER is a special attribute that usually means ?this block is a pass-through block that should not emit any sounds if I ever walk on it?. It is possible to walk on a pass-through block by walking on the edge of a block nearby.
If this happens on a NOT_EMITTER block, it will ignore the pass-through block and play the sound of the block you are actually walking on.
- .foliage attribute plays if the player passes through such block. Examples: Tall grass, grown Wheat, Rails
- .carpet attribute plays if the player passes through such block, in replacement of the surface the player is walking on. Examples: Wool Carpet, Snow, Pressure plates, Weighted pressure plates
How to install:
- Download and install LiteLoader.
- Download Presence Footsteps Mod
- On a window, locate and open the the .minecraft/ folder
- Open the download with an archive viewer
- Move all files contained inside the archive to the folder you have open
Mod Download Links: