Potion Core installs various potion effects not being got besides the creative menu in this mod, but check out Not Enough Potions, which has recipes and new brewing mechanics. It also changes the way a few vanilla potions work.
There are quite a few added potion effects, including:
- Slowfall - Slows your fall and prevents some fall damage at level 1, and all fall damage at level 2.
- Levitation – Forces you to float upwards – similar to the 1.9 potion.
- Trueshot - Increases projectile damage (like how strength increases melee damage).
- Klutz – Decreases projectile damage (like how weakness decreases melee damage).
- Vulnerability – Increases all damage to you (like how resistance decreases all damage to you).
- Recoil – Reflects a portion of damage back to the attacker.
- Drowning – Makes you only breath underwater.
- Weight - Negative jump boost; makes it so you can’t jump up a full block.
- Step Up – Increases your step height so you can step up a full block.
- Reach – Increases your reach distance.
- Climbing – Lets you climb walls like spiders.
- Corrosion – Damages your armor and held item (except for gold items/armor).
- Repairing – Repairs your armor and held item.
- Extension – Prevents one other potion on you from ticking down per level. Essentially doubles the length of another potion on you.
- Solid Core – Gives you knockback resistance.
- Flight – Lets you fly like in creative mode.
- Random Teleport – Teleports you to a nearby location.
- Surface Teleport – Teleports you to the top surface block.
- Spawn Teleport – Teleports you to your spawn point if you stand still with it for 10 seconds.
- Combustion – Sets you on fire.
- Lightning – Strikes you with lightning.
- Explosion – Explodes you.
- Burst – Creates an explosion at your position that doesn’t hurt you (only your enemies), and doesn’t do block damage.
- Revival – If you die with this effect on, you will revive with 2 hearts per level.
- Launch – Shoots you up into the air.
- Love – Causes breedable entities to breed with eachother.
- Disorganization – Shuffles your inventory
- Spinning – Causes you to spin uncontrollably
- Perplexity – Reverses your controls so forwards is backwards, sneak is jump, etc.
- Cure – Clears all bad potion effects from you.
- Dispel – Clears all good potion effects from you.
- Antidote – Prevents you from taking poison damage.
- Purity – Prevents you from taking wither damage.
- Chance – Gives you one random potion effect per level for a minute (or instant if it’s an instant effect).
- Bless – Gives you one random good effect per level for a minute (or instant if it’s an instant effect).
- Curse – Gives you one random bad effect per level for a minute (or instant if it’s an instant effect).
- Inversion – Inverts all potion effects on you (like regeneration -> wither, strength -> weakness, etc.).
It also changes the way a few vanilla potions work:
- Blindness – Now the fog comes closer per level (making you more blind), and it also affects mobs, so they won’t attack you unless you are close to them.
- Invisibility – Fixes invisibility so like before mobs won’t aggro to you with it on you unless you are holding items or wearing armour. The distance they can notice you at increases with each piece of armour worn and item held.
- Haste – Makes it so haste makes you attack faster.
- Mining Fatigue – Makes it so mining fatigue makes you attack slower.
Most settings can be enabled/disabled/modified in the config files.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
Potion Core Download Links: