The New Dawn mod adds a new world type “New Dawn” that uses a custom terrain engine for the overworld map, where biomes are no longer distributed randomly, but are placed according to the area’s temperature and humidity. This results in a much more realistic and smoother world than what you see in vanilla Minecraft.
Lovely shores and better placement of structures
More realistic placement of biomes based on humidity and temperature
Beautiful mountains (up to 255 in height)
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the New Dawn (Terrain) Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.