The More Metal Mod adds a hole bunch of new metal blocks, ores, alloys, ingots, tools, and armor! You craft armor and weapons from metal alloys made from various metal ingots. You can also craft tools and armor using two new gemstones.
- New Ores: There are seven ores included in this mod: bronze, copper, silver, platinum, ruby, amethyst, and carbon. Each of these ores can be melted down to create ingots. Ruby and Amethyst ores will drop a gemstone when mined and these gemstones can then be used to craft armor and tools.
- Blocks: Along with the new ores and ingots come seven new blocks as well. These blocks are crafted in the same fashion as a diamond or gold block; by using nine of the appropriate ingots in a crafting bench,
- Tools and Armor: Tools and armor are crafted using metal alloys and gemstones (Read more about metal alloys in the next paragraph). These tools and armor, with the exception of the swords, are still less valuable than full diamond armor. Many of the tools are more efficient, however none of the tools have more uses than diamond(1,562). There are four new types of tools and four new types of armor: ruby, amethyst, brass alloy, and aluminum alloy. Brass alloy is the weakest of them and ruby is the strongest. The armor requires only ingots or gems to create, however tools will need a combination of alloy ingots and alloy rods or gemstones and carbon rods.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the More Metal Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.