Mob Options Mod is developed to make getting valuable resources harder and promote building bases above ground. This mod activates the scaling of mobs by distance for use in exploration/adventure mod packs.
- Allow spawning of certain mobs below a set y level regardless of light levels.
- Difficulty scaling of mobs by y level.
- Difficulty scaling by distance from 0,0.
- Difficulty scaling by dimension.
- Mobs get increasingly better armor and weapons the more difficult they are.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Mob Options Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.