This mod currently adds one entity, a stone totem that will attract all passive mobs around it. The totem has a range of 24 blocks both ways in the XZ direction and +2 in the Y direction. It works on all passive mobs including ocelots and horses and leaves aggressive mobs alone. It also randomly and naturally lures mobs in, not all at once. Much easier than a water collection system for mob farms! It also will automatically breed animals that get close enough!
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Mob Lure Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.