MineTunes Mod is a useful tool to help you can enjoy music while playing Minecraft. It allows you to play .mp3 files and loads playlists from folders and .m3u files
Read more: Custom Music Discs Mod
Controls (All Rebindable):
- Home: Open menu
- End: Play/Pause
- Page Up: Music Volume Up (Ctrl-click acts as Next Song)
- Page Down: Music Volume Down (Ctrl-click acts as Previous Song)
- You can create a playlist by selecting a name and pressing the button in the corner. Selecting a .m3u file crawls it and picks up all .mp3 files it can find. Selecting a folder has it look through it and sub folders for all .mp3 files. Streaming and extended m3u is not suported yet.
- You can then select a playlist and double click a song to play it. You can move or disable the HUD and change the play mode (Track, Repeat [Track], Loop [Playlist] and Shuffle) in the options at the top.
- Holding Shift + Ctrl enables the developer settings if something breaks, try resetting the thread.
Note: The playlist selector appears in a separate window. If your game freezes when you click the “Select Playlist” button, try alt tabbing and seeing if the window is there.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the MineTunes Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
MineTunes Mod Download Links: