Minecraft Worlds (MCW) mod is a fork of the TerrainControl mod with all kinds of advanced features.
- Replaces the world generator and provides customisation features for basically everything in the world so you can design any kind of world.
- Works for single and multi-player. Only required server-side for multiplayer.
- 3rd party tools allow developers to design world settings that can be packaged just like resource packs.
- Players can use the in-game UI with downloaded world settings (just like resource packs) and generate worlds with them.
- Pre-generation feature so worlds can be completely generated before players enter them, eliminating exploration lag
- World border feature to make sure that the world never grows larger than a certain size
- Schematics (user-made structures) can be imported and configured to spawn in any biome. They can be configured to spawn either as resources (like trees, ores etc) or as custom structures.
- User-made structures can be configured to spawn and automatically blend in to any environment. Dynamically generated smoothing areas merge stuctures seamlessly with the ground they are embedded in. Blocks in structures can be automatically replaced with biome specific blocks and structures can automatically have biome-specific vegetation and effects (snow) spawned on them. This means that user-made structures can be placed in any biome in any world with just a few clicks without changing any of their blocks or settings. This way structure files can be easily shared, traded and re-used.
- Advanced procedural generation features for structures allow for the creation of procedurally generated dungeons, mazes, cities etc of any size. These branching structures can have all kinds of randomised layouts, rooms, buildings, interiors etc and can be made to spawn and grow perfectly just like the roots of a tree, never overriding each other and neatly filling any kind of space.
- In-game commands (such as “/mcw bo3info”) allow players to see author and description information for the world and any structures they find, ensuring that world and structure creators get credit no matter how their worlds and structures are used. Hopefully this will encourage people to share worlds and structures!
- NBT data can be included with user-made structures and is saved in seperate files that can be edited. So chests, signs, dispensers, redstone etc all work and have their own files.
- Mod blocks are supported. *It may require some work to save & import schematics with mod blocks using the 3rd party tools though, will improve this a.s.a.p.
- Set spawn points for any kind of entity inside user made structures. Entities are moving things like creatures, projectiles, minecarts etc. Even entities added by other mods are supported so you can spawn Hydra’s from Twilight Forest in your basement if you like. Entities can be spawned in multiple ways; A. they are spawned when the chunk is generated and made persistent, B. they are spawned manually using a console command, C. they are configured to automatically spawn, respawn and despawn using spawn and despawn timers. With these options you can fill your structures with any number of npcs, mobs, bosses, traps etc from any mod you like. Entities can even be given an angle and velocity so you can launch them anywhere or make things like xp orb fountains.
- Provides “plug-in” functionality for mod developers so that they can easily create mods that spawn things inside user-made structures such as npcs, quests, items, bosses, etc. Check the MCW tools thread on the MC forums for developer documentation. If you are a mod developer or java programmer interested in making a plug-in for MCW don’t hesitate to ask me anything!
- WorldPainter is supported (there is a “FromImage” mode and a “Random” mode).
- The mod can be used stand-alone using the in-game UI with pre-made world packs (also called biome packs).
Minecraft Worlds Mod Download Links:
PG Pack Kids Edition for MCW (Minecraft 1.8.9+)
Download from Server 1
PG Pack Full for MCW (Minecraft 1.8.9+)
Download from Server 1