The Map Making mod features various tools to Minecraft to make the map making process much simpler. Not only adding a ‘Quick Build’ command based world editor to make creating structures simple, this mod also allows players to do many things like editing skulls to have custom heads, or creating custom villager shops and more. All the features added will be listed below for more details.
- A “Quick Build’ command based world editor to make creating structures simple
- Edit player skulls to have custom heads
- Edit books title and author to how ever you please and revert a written book into a editable one
- Edit the settings of spawners to have custom player detection, max delay, min delay etc
- Create custom villager shops and more
- Apply potion effects onto item potions and customize their colour, type and type/amount of effects the potion has
- Apply crazy enchantments to any item
- Fill dispensers with a click of a button
- Edit an item name and lore choosing colour and text (Coming Soon)
- Many more, download the mod to make your adventure map a reality!
All these features are only available when you have forge and the mod installed. This mod is meant for the creation of custom maps and then when the map you create is opened in a minecraft environment that is without the mod, all the edits you made to the world will still exist.
- Make sure you have the new Minecraft launcher and have run 1.6 at least once.
- Then download a version of forge from this link.
- Once you have the jar file of minecraft forge‘s website open it up.
- Select the ?Install client option and click ok’
- Minecraft forge is now installed!
- Now open up the launcher and in the profile selector select ?Forge’, login and run Forge 1.6.2. (May take a while)
- Close Minecraft once it is open and find you Minecraft installation directory (PC : %appadata%/.minecraft, MAC : minecraft folder)
- In the .minecraft folder will now be a mods folder, in that mods folder create a folder named ‘1.6.2? or whatever version of minecraft you are running.
- Download Map Making Tools mod from the link above and drag n’ drop it in the ‘1.6.1? folder.
- Run minecraft throught the new laucher and enjoy!