Lights Mod revolves around new light sources and new routes to light up your base. Lights play an important role in human life initially, starting as mere fire in caves, it has now progressed to more modern approachs of seeing in the dark.
This mod allows you to discover a light source which, rather than costing fuel, runs off of wax and string. No un-realistic torches, no having your floor cluttered with glowstone, candles now is presented to react to their surroundings and lanterns that can hang from ceilings.
A little hut showing the trimmed wood and hanging lantern.
Lantern on a candlestick.
Candle on a candlestick.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Lights Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.