Most Minecraft players have already stumbled over this problem: keeping something well-lit requires an extraordinary large amount of Torches or other light sources. The result is a scene jammed with those. As the title suggests, this mod adds light sources that can be completely hidden.
With the mod installed your house could look like this:
Invisible light sources
Visible light sources
This mod adds 1 Block and 2 Items, where the Items are the only relevant things.
- To place a light source: Right-click with the Light Rod. It will consume at least 1 Glowstone Dust from your inventory. If you have more, it will use 2 Glowstone Dust per light source.
- To toggle light source visibility: Shift-right-click with any Rod. A Sound will play and you will see / no longer see the light sources. When they are disabled they will act like air.
- To destroy a light source: Light sources need to be visible! Right-click (no Shift) on the Light Source using a Rod of Darkness.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the InvisibLights Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.