Hunger Strike Mod, which is designed to be configurable on a per-player basis for SMP servers, has the purpose of dialing back the hunger system for players. These players are the one who eager to play in a Survival world without having to constantly feed themselves. Therefore not all players need to be forced one way or the other. This will tilt balance, but whether that is acceptable is up to you.
The mod makes the following functional changes for affected players:
- The hunger bar is fixed at half capacity. This allows sprinting and disables health regen.
- If the player is afflicted with the ?hunger? effect, their hunger bar will drop below the sprint threshold.
- If the player is affliced with the ?regeneration? effect, their hunger bar will max out.
- Eating food will instantly restore health at half the food value of a given food item. E.g., a cookie will restore a half heart. A cooked porkchop will restore 2 hearts.
The mod will create a configuration file ?hungerstrike.cfg’. It has a single config option:
- Mode: How the mod is applied to players. Acceptable values are NONE, LIST, and ALL.
- NONE: Hunger strike is disabled for all players.
- LIST: Hunger strike is enabled only for players added in-game with the /hungerstrike command.
- ALL: Hunger strike is enabled for all players.
The configration can be modified in-game via commands, as well as directly editing the file.
The mod comes with commands to manage players and affect mode. These commands are op-level.
- /hungerstrike <add | remove | list | mode | setmode>
- /hungerstrike add <player>: Enable hunger strike for the given player (if mode is LIST)
- /hungerstrike remove <player>: Disable hunger strike for the given player (if mode is LIST)
- /hungerstrike list: List all players hunger strike is enabled for
- /hungerstrike mode: Show the current mode
- /hungerstrike setmode <none | list | all>: Set the current mode.
Install Hunger Strike Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2
This is a Forge-based mod, and requires a version of Forge compatible with the version of Minecraft you are installing the mods for. The same download is used for the client and server. Place the jar directly into the minecraft/mods or mods folders, respectively.
If you don’t like the Forge dependency, the source is available and you are welcome retarget the mod to another loader.
Download Hunger Strike Mod 1.7.10/1.7.2