Chopping down trees too tedious for you? Keep getting lost in your own mines? Tired of farming crops for ungrateful pigs? Why not let those lazy villagers do the work while you sit back and reap the rewards? With Helpful Villagers you get to do just that and more!
- Better Models ? Villager models now resemble player models, no more crossed arms and big noses.
- More Interaction ? Villagers are no longer walking trading posts. Now clicking on a villager will bring up a set of commands that will make the villager follow the player, trade with the player, or change its profession.
- Villager Inventory ? Villagers can now carry as many items as a small chest which the player can access at any time. Also, villagers can now equip functional armor and a held item which they use to perform certain tasks.
- Working Professions ? Unlike in vanilla Minecraft, a villager?s profession does more than just determine what type of items he can trade. Now not only do villagers perform complicated tasks based on their profession but they do them almost completely autonomously, just give them the tools to get the job done and leave the hard work to them!
- Guild Halls - When a villager isn?t working he will return to his guild hall to resupply and store any items he has collected for you to pick up at your leisure.
The lumberjack will look for and cut down trees, as well as plant saplings to keep forests replenished. Also,
lumberjacks will never harvest any wood that?s inside a village so there?s no need to worry about him destroying
The miner will find a spot outside the village then start digging downward in a spiral pattern to prevent possible
dangers and also to allow easy access to the surface. Whenever the miner detects any ores nearby he will dig a
side tunnel and mine them. Once he reaches the bottom he will climb back to the top and start another mine
The farmer will search the village for any wheat, carrot, potato, melon, or pumpkin farms. Once he finds one he
will harvest all fully grown crops, replant new ones, then come back to check on them the next day.
All villagers can be equipped with armor to protect them. Also, villager health now slowly regenerates over time.
Soldiers and Archers
A guild hall must be built before changing a villager?s profession. To build a guild hall you must first choose a building that has a door. Once you have the building you want place an item frame next to the door in any one of the places shown above then place an item corresponding to the profession you want the guild hall to be (for example, axe for lumberjack) on that item frame. Now you should be able to change the profession of your villagers.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the Helpful Villagers Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the "mods" folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) "%appdata%\.minecraft\mods" and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods" and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the "mods" folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.