I’ve been working on a very simple, transparent and open Analytics Mod for Minecraft to allow the community to openly gain inside into the versions of Minecraft out there. The mod strictly respects Snooper settings.
The mod allows custom mod integration for other mod makers to send in their own data.
The data collected by the mod:
- SessionID – Random identifier created with SecureRandom and SHA256 iterated 5 times. Value is reset every time the game restarts.
- AdID – Random identifier created with SecureRandom and SHA256 iterated 5 times. Value is constant for each Minecraft instance. The value is computed on first run of Minecraft with the mod installed.
- Allocated Memory and Max memory
- Minecraft Version
- MCP Version
- Forge Version
- Active mod count, total mod count
- ModPack – custom value defined in forgeanalytics.cfg allowing modpack creators to identify their packs.
Each individual value is individually opt-out-able by the user by going to Mods -> Forge Analytics -> Config
This view also shows a snapshot of what data and their values is sent.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the ForgeAnalytics Mod from link below.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder. If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Windows – Open the Start menu and select Run, or press the Windows key + R. Type (without quotes) “%appdata%\.minecraft\mods” and press Enter.
- OS X – Open the Go menu in Finder and select “Go to Folder”. Type (without quotes) “~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods” and press Return.
- Copy the downloaded jar (zip) file into the “mods” folder that opens.
- Enjoy the mod.
ForgeAnalytics Mod Download Links: