Hold control and place a block, it will place as many as possible in that direction till it hits something or you run out of blocks to place. Very useful for bridge building. Even in creative, it will only place as many block as as you have in the stack! It can do both vertical and horizontal placement.
How to install:
- Use the official launcher to download and start once Minecraft 1.8.
- Go to the minecraft base folder (the official launchers shows it when you click “Edit Profile” as “Game Directory”)
- Go in subfolder “Versions”
- Rename the folder “1.8? to “1.8_extra”
- Go in the subfolder “1.8_extra”
- Rename “1.8.jar” to “1.8_extra.jar”
- Rename “1.8.json” to “1.8_extra.json”
- Open the file “1.8_extra.json” with a text editor and replace “id”:”1.8? with”id”:”1.8_extra” and save the file
- Copy the files from extracted Fast Building Mod zip file in “1.8_extra.jar” as usual and remove the META-INF folder from “1.8_extra”.
- Start the official launcher
- Click “Edit Profile”
- Select “Use version:” -> “release 1.8_extra”
- Click “Save Profile”
- Click “Play” or “Login” to start the game. If only “Play Offline” is available, then log out and log in again to fix it.
For 1.7.10 (non-Forge version)